Community Health Options invites your application to become a candidate for election to its Board of Directors. Serving as a Board Director offers a significant opportunity to help transform healthcare delivery and health status for our Members. The Board Director’s vital role is to set the high-level strategy and direction for the organization and help achieve our mission and vision:
To partner locally with Members, businesses and health professionals to provide affordable, high-quality benefits that promote health and wellbeing.
Our Vision: To be a leader in transforming and improving individual and community health and positively affect local economies.
If you have the passion for our mission and vision, an informed perspective pertinent to the complexities of healthcare and health insurance, and the desire to be directly involved in the success of Community Health Options, we would like to hear from you!
We seek a diverse group of Board Director candidates who have one or more of the following qualifications:
The Governance Committee looks forward to receiving your application by June 30, 2017.
- Background, expertise and experience related to healthcare and health insurance
- Understanding of and experience with strategic organizational assessment, measurement and planning in an environment of significant change and in a highly regulated market
- Non-profit experience
- Financial Expertise
- Health policy experience with expertise in healthcare reform, health data analysis, health finance/economics, or regulatory affairs
- Senior-level experience within public health or social services agencies developing and managing data-driven and evidence-based health improvement programs with a consumer focus
- Senior-level executive leadership experience in health insurance or in the healthcare system
- Clinical experience including operational expertise related to delivery system reform/transformation
To receive full consideration, applicants must complete the entire application process.
2017 Process Overview and Key Dates
- May: Board Director Election information sent to Members
- June 30 Application deadline
- July/August: Applications screened by the Governance Committee; candidates complete a background screening process; and interviews of finalists conducted by the Governance Committee and senior leadership
- August/September: Finalists recommended to the Board
- October/November: Members vote by mail and email
- November 16: Election results announced at the Annual Membership Meeting
- January 18, 2018: Board Orientation and Meeting
Applicants must submit the appropriate forms, and complete as requested. Click here to download application materials
Candidate Application Process
, or you can request a paper copy at email@example.com. Also needed is a résumé, which should include work history, education, and relevant experience. Applicants must be age 18 years or older.
Submitting Your Application Materials
Save each form to your computer. After completing the forms, submit/postmark by the June 30 deadline, along with your résumé, by one of the following methods:
After submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email within five business days. If you do not, call 207-402-3309 to verify receipt of your application.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 207-402-3318
- Mail: Governance Committee, c/o Ellen Schulman, Community Health Options, 150 Mill St., 3rd Floor, Lewiston, ME 04240
Conflict of Interest
All Board Directors must complete an annual Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement to identify any potential, perceived, or actual conflicts of interest.
All candidates will be required to complete a background screening authorization process, which:
- Verifies education and work history,
- Identifies any criminal convictions,
- Identifies any conflicts of interest, and
- Ensures that applicants have not been excluded from participating in Medicare, Medicaid, or other federal healthcare programs.
Community Health Options will retain application materials for use with the candidate nomination process and will destroy them when they are no longer required. If application materials are submitted by email, be aware that email is an unsecured means of communication. Community Health Options cannot guarantee the secure transmission of your application materials from your computer to our servers.
Other Ways to Get Involved
Serving on the Board not for you? Please consider participation in other Committees (i.e., Advisory Committee, Care Management). Please indicate your interest to Ellen Schulman at email@example.com