Safeguarding your health in 2021 is more important than ever, and Health Options is here to help you get the most value from your health insurance plan. We have benefits and resources designed to help you achieve and maintain your best health at little or no additional cost to you.
To start the year off right, we recommend scheduling a free annual wellness visit(s) for you and any dependent children on your plan. Wellness visits are a time for you and your Primary Care Provider (PCP) to:
• discuss your personal and family health history;
• identify necessary preventive tests and screenings;
• provide routine vaccines that are due; and
• discuss recommended vaccinations
Your PCP is also the person to talk to about emotional or mental health concerns. Use your annual visit as a time time for you to raise concerns, get instructions clarified, and ask questions about your overall health.
We created this checklist of questions to help make the most of your visit:
• Am I due for any screenings or testing?
• What can I do to stay healthy in the future?
• Do you recommend changes in my diet or taking any vitamins?
• What amount of exercise do you recommend?
• How will I know when and where to get vaccinated for COVID-19?
• What’s the best way to reach you if I have questions after I leave your office today?
We value your Membership! Please contact our local Members Services team with any questions at (855) 624-6463, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wishing you a safe and healthy 2021,
Community Health Options
We are grateful that COVID-19 vaccines are bringing much needed relief to healthcare workers at the end of a difficult year. The first supplies in Maine are reaching frontline medical staff and Long Term Care Facilities. Several more versions of the vaccines are close to finishing their trials, which will add to the overall supplies, and Maine residents can expect to have access to vaccine doses later in the 2021.
Community Health Options is committed to providing information throughout the coronavirus pandemic. For vaccine-related information, click here.
As we wait for more COVID-19 vaccines to become widely available, infection rates in the U.S. and Maine are climbing, and it’s important to keep following COVID-19 protocols. Avoid exposure and restrict the spread of COVID-19 by:
For more information about COVID-19 prevention and testing, click here. Rely on trustworthy sources for information on COVID-19, which we continue to update on our website.
From all of us at Health Options, enjoy a safe holiday season and a Happy New Year.