May 25, 2020
Health Options continues to update policies and make coverage adjustments so Members impacted by COVID-19 can receive essential treatment, and our provider partners can gain additional capacity to address the increasing pandemic-induced volume. These changes include:
- Expanding the waiver of Member cost-sharing provisions to include medical costs for COVID-19 admissions at an in-network hospital (effective March 12, 2020 throughout the duration of the public health emergency).
- Waiving cost-sharing for COVID-19 diagnostic testing (regardless of location) and associated fees, and reimbursing providers at in-network rates for COVID-19-related hospital admissions.
- Enhancing our Amwell partnership to add a no-cost COVID-19 telemedicine consultation with a provider who can determine appropriate next steps.
- Advising Members to contact their provider’s office for medical advice about their coronavirus symptoms and take advantage of telemedicine services where offered.
- Modifying Prior Approval procedures and Coding guidelines.
- Enhancing Telemedicine Interim Billing Guidelines.
Please know how much we appreciate your dedication to delivering healthcare services and for everything you have done, and continue to do, to alleviate the pandemic.
If you have questions, contact Provider Relations at (207) 402-3347 or email@example.com.