Community Health OptionsTM is a non-profit, Member-led health insurance plan providing comprehensive health insurance benefits to individuals, families, and businesses. We are a Consumer Operated and Oriented Plan (CO-OP) licensed in Maine and New Hampshire. We are dedicated to providing affordable, high-quality health benefits through productive partnerships with Members, businesses, and a broad network of providers. We are governed by a Board of Directors, a majority of whom are Community Health Options Members, which ensures that Members have a strong voice in the management and development of the products and services.
Our innovative approach is designed specifically to provide affordable, high-quality benefits that promote health and wellbeing. We believe that healthcare can be both better and more affordable when doctors, patients, health insurers, and employers all work together to bring about positive change.
We believe that the community plays an important role in people’s health. As such, we support local resources whenever possible to help ensure better access to high-quality, integrated care.
Mission, Vision & Values
To partner locally with Members, businesses and health professionals to provide affordable, high-quality benefits that promote health and wellbeing.
To be a leader in transforming and improving individual and community health and positively affecting local economies.
Community Health Options believes that:
- Every person is entitled to courtesy and respect.
- A trustworthy organization (embodies) demonstrates honesty, integrity, independence, and consistency in policy and action.
- Discipline, focus, courage and humility enable us to be open to learning from the challenges that confront us without blaming others.
- It is important to embrace change and see positive potential in disruptive innovation.
- Spontaneity, balance, thoughtfulness and curiosity are essential.